Monday, January 10, 2011

Grafitti Train

I've been meaning to stop and snap a few pics of this group of four train cars parked long a siding in downtown johnson city. The colorful grafitti painted on the blue cars caught my eye as I drove past them back in the summer. Given my latest fascination for all things HDR, I figured these would make good candidates for some photomatix action.

When I got there it was snowing, and windy, and a bit cold. But worst was the line of empty coal cars blocking the view of the train cars from the road. I parked across the street from L&S Electronics and walked the rails to the get to the train cars. Lucky for me there was grafitti painted on both sides of the cars.

So I quickly set up the tripod and snapped these two sets of brackets before the cold got to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment