Sunday, December 22, 2013

More Conrail

The first of the Norfolk Heritage engines that I captured "in the wild" was the NS8098 Conrail. The FaceTube said that it was making a trip back through Bulls Gap to Andover Va. this afternoon. It was raining like heck at the house but I was bored and went on to Weber City to see if there was a good shooting spot to be had. I was also looking forward to shooting something besides black trains, the last few weeks have had only the Nickel Plate Road and the Penn Central coming through the area, so a shot of a blue train was a welcome change.

I was planning on standing under the awning of a business across the road from the tracks but by the time I hit the Va line the rain had stopped. I drove the length of Weber City looking for a good angle to shoot knowing that the 8098 was running as the DPU again. I picked a spot in the parking lot beside Brad's pit BBQ and waited.

The spot i picked was near the top of the rise coming out of Yuma, so the big diesels were really shaking the ground as they came by ... I love that sound. I wasn't aware that there was a double DPU working this train, but that too was a nice change.

NS8100 Heritage, Conrail, Weber City, Va - 12/22/2013

NS8100 Heritage, Conrail, Weber City, Va - 12/22/2013

Another week goes by and no new Heritage engines, but it's always fun to go practice shooting in different places in different conditions. Still at 7 of 20.

#1 1069 Virginian
#2 8098 Conrail 
#3 8104 Lehigh Valley
#4 1073 Penn Central
#5 8100 Nickel Plate Road
#6 8105 Interstate
#7 8101 Central of Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment