Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Rocky Fork

We saw several groups of ferns in various states of uncurling.
I've been seeing Facebook posts from several local picture-takers talking about how many of the wildflowers in our area are currently in bloom. Not wanting to be left out I took the spousal unit out Sunday afternoon for a walk along the creek in Rocky Fork hoping to see some trillium and bearded iris and all the other yellow, purple and white flowers whose names I don't know.

Rocky Fork creek itself was running as full as I've ever seen it. The falls and riffles were rolling loud so I had high hopes of getting some good brackets ... but ... it started raining before we got halfway up the creek ... oh bother.

I did manage to get three brackets which I ran thru Lightroom 4 and HDR Efex Pro and then cleaned up a bit in CS5.5.

The third best set of falls in Rocky Fork creek.

This is the first time I've seen water flowing over this side of the falls.
A close-up of the falls on the left side of the creek.



No comments:

Post a Comment