Tuesday, October 22, 2013

NS Heritage Penn Central

At lunch today a friend of a friend saw a Facebook post that said the Norfolk Southern Heritage engine #1073, the Penn Central - with the 'worms' logo - was on train 202 which would bring it through Jonesborough this afternoon. That's not an opportunity that often arises, so we decided to do a late/long lunch in the Parson's Table parking lot and wait.

We knew it wasn't the lead engine, so we scouted out locations to give us the best angle for a shot at an engine in the middle of a consist. We also knew it would be making good time coming through town so the window to get a shot would be small.

I picked a spot up high, my accomplice picked a spot down low with a wider view and the result was "I chose poorly". I'm not sure why, but I had not anticipated the 1073 being the third of three engines in the line, facing backwards. So my short window of time only allowed me to get one shot of the engine's butt while it rolled by ... backwards.

NS1073 Penn Central Heritage


The Penn Central is the least different in paint scheme from a normal Norfolk Southern black and white. But at least it was shiny and clean, and it was captured while doing its job.

That makes it number 4 of 20, only 16 to go!

#1 1069 Virginian
#2 8098 Conrail 
#3 8104 Lehigh Valley
#4 1073 Penn Central

No comments:

Post a Comment