Saturday, October 23, 2010

Big Tumbling Creek

While on a recent trip with the family to see Laurel Bed Lake I took these two pictures of some fall colors reflecting in pools along the Big Tumbling Creek. The blue-bird skies and bright sunlight made the day totally wrong for waterfall pictures, so I was specifically looking for colors reflecting in the pools and the base of the falls.

On the way up to the lake we realized that we had missed the peak fall colors by about two weeks, so the pickings were pretty slim, but the reflections in these two pools were pretty special. The top left picture stood out because of the bright yellow-orange maple tree background, but the bare tree trunks in the foreground make the picture for me.

I think this next picture is one the best I've taken in quite a while. I really like the abstract nature of it, there's a lot of nearly hidden color, and the shimmering water adds some movement.

I'm definitely feeling this one, it might be my favorite.
.......................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment